YouTube has taken over computers, smartphones and now even smart TVs opening up incredible ministry opportunities! As you consider your investment in this social network I want you to think about the following facts:
1. Total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
2. 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
3. Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
4. The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 900 million.
5. 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
6. The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000.
7. Mobile Youtube users spent 40 minutes on average session, up more than 50% year-over-year
8. YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
What does all of this mean? Well, if you have the ability to make videos that engage people, you have a very large active audience on YouTube that is available for FREE! With smartphones and mobile video editors anyone anywhere can create high quality videos that can engage. We’re living in such a unique time in history where the world is more connected than ever before.
Reaching and engaging people on YouTube is a lot more complicated than just recording your sermons and uploading them to the platform. In the next few days we will be digging deeper into the platform and discussing some best practices to help your church crush this unbelievable social network!