I have what I have often described as, "shiny object syndrome." I see new technologies and chase them hard and fast until I find a new "shiny object." Along the way many have stuck where others have been left behind. Some are critical, some beneficial, and some are just fun to get to know. Here are the top 5 that power our Online Ministry at Community Bible Church:
1) Media Social - this was our first core tool and continues to be the foundation of Online Church. This all in one platform is our digital sanctuary where our Online Community comes to gather in worship together.
2) Social Report - this is the tool we use to manage and monitor all of our social media platforms in one place. I've gone through several similar tools and really appreciate the flexibility of Social Report and how the platform continues to develop.
3) Zoom - this video conferencing platform is second to none! We use it for our individual meetings, team meetings, prayer gatherings, volunteer trainings, and online groups. We have found it incredibly easy to use and extremely powerful for almost unlimited capabilities.
4) Live Chat - this simple plugin to our website has proven to be one of the most powerful ministry tools imaginable. We now have a full-time digital receptionist who greets visitors to our website, answers questions, gets people connected to people and ministries and prays with dozens of people each week who are in immediate need.
5) Media Fusion - we have been late to the live streaming game, but grateful to have found great technology partners in Media Fusion who integrate with Akamai's network to provide a powerful live stream solution at an affordable price helping us reach thousands of people each week through our live streamed services.
- Mail Chimp - our email marketing platform
- Slack - how we communicate/collaborate internally
- Libsyn - our podcast hosting solution
- Gecko Board - our data visualization dashboard
What core tools are you using to power your online ministry or organization?