I am thrilled to announce that I have just signed my first book deal with Group Publishing! I will share more details about the book and the process that led to this in future posts. I am so honored to be working with Group to publish The 2013 Social Media Guide for Ministry that will release in February 2013.
I have been using Group resources for over 10 years and was always a subscriber to Group magazine when I was in full-time Youth Ministry. Group has been providing resources to the Church since 1974 and has a deep passion to support the Christian Church. For more information about Group you can visit their About Page.
There are several people I want to thank for making this all possible:
- My wife, Katie for all of her encouragement as well as allowing me the time flexibility (weekends, late nights, and early mornings) to work on this project.
- Bre'anna Emmitt who believed in this book enough to share it with her friends at Group.
- My sister, Becky Kiser, and stepmother, Robin Smith, for editing the manuscript. You are both far better writers than I am.
- Chris Emmitt and Robert Emmitt who both believed in me enough to give me the opportunity to become a Social Media Pastor and freedom to experiment and take risks.
- Sue Brage at Group Publishing for believing in this project and moving it forward bringing us to today.
In the coming weeks I will share the following posts that have led to this moment:
This has been a fun process leading to this moment, but I know that the fun is just beginning and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!