2012 was a great year for me personally. I have a tendency to constantly look ahead and miss looking back and celebrating all that God has done. Trust me, I'm looking ahead, but I do want to take a moment to celebrate some personal highlights of 2012: - Katie and I had our second daughter, Shelby
- My leadership at CBC was expanded joining the Executive Team as WebPastor
- Online Church Facebook Page reaching the milestone of 250,000 Facebook Likes
As I look at these highlights, I know that several came only by the favor of God in these situations and many also came with time sacrifices and lots of hard work. There are so many great people involved in each of these, but there are 3 relationships in particular that I want to express my gratitude for in 2012:
1) My wife, Katie. Katie is my biggest cheerleader and has encouraged me greatly throughout the journey. Katie has remained flexible with the time sacrifices this year that we have needed to make and patient with the many late nights of 2012 due to a new baby and a new book. I married way over my head and am so grateful for such an incredible wife!
2) My boss, Chris. Chris is the greatest leader I have ever had the privilege to serve under. He does not just empower me to risk and try new things but challenges me to do so on a daily basis. The past 2 and a half years have been incredible and my prayer is that God allows us many more years of locking arms together in ministry. Chris is not just a good boss, but a great friend to me and my family.
3) My mentor, Trey. Trey has taught me more than I can begin to describe about technology, leadership, innovation, and ministry. Trey thinks differently than anyone that I have ever been around, which has helped me to grow more than I can explain. Much of what I write about on this blog comes from core principles that I have learned from Trey. His encouragement and belief in me has meant so much to these highlights in 2012.
Thank you Jesus for all of your many blessings that came in 2012! I am blessed beyond belief.