I'm so excited to share with you all the new CommunityBible.com! Go ahead and leave this site and check out that one for a while!
I can't be more proud of my team on the WebMinistry at CBC in all that they have done to make this a reality. The process began less than three months ago and the design and development was all done by the incredible team at PlainJoe Studios. I can't express enough how grateful I am to partner with the great people at PlainJoe as they not only produce great quality in their work, but are even better people with Kingdom-minded hearts.
In building this site there are 5 keys that I feel are very important to it accomplishing our goals for this platform:
1) Sleek Design - we found that almost half of our website traffic were first time visitors and wanted to make a great first impression the moment the home page opens.
2) Solid Structure - the site is built on Wordpress and the core functionality and stability is very solid. The site functions smoothly on mobile, tablets, and even Internet Explorer for anyone who might still use it.
3) Simple Navigation - we first thought about the experience from a first time user standpoint and then built functional navigation for the member as well making sure that everyone can easily find exactly what they are looking for.
4) Social - We want to make the site easy to share and engage with socially. Wordpress makes this very easy with the social sharing widgets and PlainJoe built a fantastic Invite a Friend function into the site as well.
5) Search Friendly - Whether someone is searching our site internally or searching on Google this site is optimized! We want people in our community and beyond to find us easily as well as people browsing our site to find exactly what they are looking for.
Want to know what the most exciting part is? We are not done! Monday morning the conversation begins again with what's next and where do we go from here. I can't wait! Let's never stop innovating and moving forward! Let's never get comfortable with where we are!