I just renewed my website on Squarespace and it’s hard to believe that it’s almost been a years since I made the move from Wordpress. I had been on Wordpress for 6 years and thought I was a lifer. While 6 years on the internet is a long time for anything, I can’t believe how little I regret making the move. Actually, I don’t think I have any regrets.
Squarespace is not for every website, but I do believe that it can work for most websites out there. If you’re looking for something exteremely unique and highly customizable Squarespace is not for you. If you’re looking for something simple, flexible, and highly visual Squarespace will be a great solution. Here are the features that I’ve come to love:
- Simplicity – it is so easy to setup and make changes along the way that don’t impact the site as a whole (it’s hard to break)
- Integrations – Squarespace has some great integrations for podcasting, e-commerce, domain management, etc.
- All-In-One Solution – I love that on one site I can purchase and manage the domain, hosting, CMS and even email (through Gmail). This makes it perfect for small businesses and organizations
- Affordable – the all in one pricing is so affordable at just $7/month. I’ve upgraded since getting started, but the basic package will work for most websites.
- Mobile Apps – they offer several mobile apps to help you manage your site on the go. I espectially like the Metrics App
- Management – I now manage 7 different websites on Squarespace for myself and clients and I can do it with just 1 login and easily toggle. I can also add other Admins on my site and limit their accessibility very easily.
The list could go on, but needless to say I’m a happy Squarespace customer. I would love to get your thoughts and feedback on Squarespace and answer any questions that you might have. Here are some links to a few Squarespace sites that I own or support: