After over 6 months of preparation, I'm excited to announce that Online Church Leaders is here! Go to http://OnlineChurchLeaders.com to sign up for your FREE account today!
This has been a labor of love, and I feel so grateful that Community Bible Church has been generous enough to allow me to invest in other churches in this way. We are essentially giving away all that we have learned about Online Church over the past 4 years in this FREE training program! It's not just what we have learned at Community Bible Church, but collectively among other friends pioneering this new ministry opportunity from LifeChurch.tv, Saddlback Church, Seacoast Church, Dream Center, and more!
Here are some of the learning portals included in the training:
- Building Your Platform
- Creating Your Content
- Attracting Your Crowd
- Developing Your Volunteers
- Online Giving
- Measuring Success
- and more!
We have a goal with this platform over the next 2 years to help 500 churches launch an Online Church campus reaching an average of 2,000 each week. That would be 1 million people a week attending an Online Church! We believe this is very possible and just a matter of churches understanding the opportunity, embracing the technology, and applying the basic principles lined out here.
Here's what some key Online Churches have said about this new ministry opportunity:
"Saddleback Church’s Online Campus reached over 208 countries/territories this past year with over 2/3 of our viewers non-local. Plus, with over 1,100 groups meeting all over the globe. Through a simple, but well executed Church Online strategy anyone from anywhere can engage with our church." - Jay Kranda from Saddleback Church
“God is using online ministry in very real ways around the world. Our ministry has been extended to people we never would have been able to reach otherwise, and lives are being transformed through the life-giving message of Christ. People who were feeling empty have found hope. People who were lonely have found community. People who were stuck in destructive decisions have found strength to change… all through the power of Christ.” - Alan George from LifeChurch.tv
Without a doubt, OnlineChurchLeaders.com is the most valuable priceless resource that will bring more churches into the 21st century before the 22nd century gets here! Get online already!” - DJ Chuang from the Social Media Church Podcast
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today at http://OnlineChurchLeaders.com!
Want to know more about Online Church? Curious where to begin or where to go from where you are? CBC Online launched in one week and so can your online ministry! We will talk about not just how to broadcast your worship experiences, but organizing volunteers, online Bible studies, ministry follow up, etc. Whether you are just curious or fully committed this session will be beneficial to your church/minitry to begin thinking differently about the possibilities online. Session Interview with Alan George, Church Online Pastor at LifeChurch.tv.
If you have not purchased the Social Media Guide for Ministry you can find it on Amazon here.
If you have purchased and read the book if you would please leave a review on Amazon here.
If you have any questions about this session please leave a comment and I would love to answer any question that you might have.
I had a great time this past week at the iMinistry Conference at Lakepointe Church in Rockwall, TX. I was honored to participate in several panel discussions alongside some incredible ministry leaders from around the country. Here are my notes from several of the sessions:
- The internet is a tool
- The secret to "success" is intentionality.
- End goal is to get them connected in a physical church community.
- Online Campus experiences turnover every 6 months... and okay with that.
Guidelines to success:
1) Be humble
2) Be bold
3) Be who God created you to be
"Our strengths are nothing more than how God chooses to use us for His Kingdom."
- Nate- 2 different kinds of small groups: chat based (after services), Adobe Connect (face to face)
- Jan- 7 Online Groups, all different. Facebook Groups,
- a LifeGroup that just meets as a Facebook Group
- 2 sermon based studies
- Google + hangouts
- Content is a great challenge
- one content possibility: RightNow Media
- Lecture base online kills it... quickly! - Nate
- Just because you get a no doesn't mean it will always be a no.
- chatzy- chat room program used for LifeGroups
- Identify volunteers by monitoring the chat and various Social Media tools- Oscar
- Best volunteers come from Online
- Use Zoom to connect with volunteers
- Best volunteers are not always techy IT people
- Jason Morris- incorporate the value of "fun"
- "slide ruler" - interactive slides
- "chat artist" - host
- "prayer ninja" - prayer warrior
- "twitter sniper" -
- "experience captain" - oversees the entire experience and team
- What someone else is doing in their context, may not work in yours. - Jan Touchberry
- Set up area in lobby for volunteers so physical campus can see online campus.
- Question: What are you doing to invest in your leaders?
Learn to be sensitive the the Spirit and listen to your volunteers. 2 ears, 1 mouth, use in the proportion. - Oscar
- Help people to tell their story.
- freeconferencecall.com for volunteer meetings
- Pray for volunteers
- Have job descriptions written on paper
How do you count?
- LifeChurch.tv- counts unique visitors
- Westside Family- uniques
- Seacoast- time on site/video length (7 minutes)
track as much as possible: unique visits, return visits, time on page, where people come from, giving...
LifeChurch.tv Campus tier
Tier 1- new campus not self supporting
Tier 2- self supporting
Tier 3- giving back and supporting new campuses
Bring in, Build Up, Train, Send Out- LifeChurch.tv Discipleship Process
Seeker, Believer, Follower, Leader- Westside Discipleship Process
- Service U
- Secure Give
Share your story and people will follow that vision
Alan George Interview
- Ministry is not something we do, but who we are. Cannot compartmentalize ministry.
- How many staff for Church Online? 6 looking for 7
- Use scrum to interface with staff
- Always ask what can I do to break through the next barrier?
- Not about thinking outside of the box, but thinking within restraints.
- Is your model scalable?
- Church Online Roadshow- visiting each campus promoting Church Online and recruiting volunteers
- What's Next? Church working together to lead the way with technology and innovation
1) Invest in Staff Team
I'm excited to share with you about this exciting Conference that I'm honored to be a part of on October 10-11, 2012 in Rockwall, TX. It is actually less of a conference and more of a conversation about the Online Church. We will discuss things like building a volunteer team online, small groups online, analytics/defining wins, and so much more.
Some other great news is that the conference is only $99! This means that it's affordable for not just you, but your whole team! I hope you won't wait to sign up for this exciting event, I would love to meet you there!
Here's the link: http://iministry2012.com, go sign up now! Can you tell that I'm excited about this event?
I also want to thank our good friends at Media Social for sponsoring this event and helping to make it so affordable for everyone to attend.