As I shared before it is possible to setup your TV App in a matter of minutes. Here are the steps to take in setting up your TV App:
- Choose Your Platforms – whether you want to be on Apple, Amazon Fire TV, or Roku is up to you. I recommend all of the above, but you have that control and flexibility. They are all unique and different in their own way.
- Define Your Content and Navigation– decide what content you want on the channel and how you want to organize it. One quick suggestion that many don’t use is a welcome section in your navigation that simply welcomes people to your TV App and gives them a little direction as to what all of the media is that is available.
- Connect Your Integrations – utilizing your existing media platforms simply follow the steps to integrate into your TV App with automations established (ex. Vimeo On Demand Player or Stream Monkey Live Streaming Service)
- Create Your Graphics – this is probably the most time consuming part, but keep it simple and know that everything except your app icon can change at any time. Simplicity in design on a TV goes a long way.
- Submit Your App – Once everything else is done, simply hit submit and wait for the news that your app is live. Roku and Apple often take about a week and Amazon Fire TV takes less than 24 hours generally speaking.
It really is that easy and can be done in a matter of minutes. Once setup you shouldn’t even have to login to your account as it should run function through all of the built in automations. We think you will want to login regularly though because it’s just fun to be able to instantly make changes to an application that lives on your TV. The more you use it, the better you will understand how to optimally set it up for those who are using your TV App.