I became a subscriber to Ministry Library a couple of months ago and love their book summaries allowing to learn more in less time. I was overwhelmed when they reached out to me asking if they could summarize my book and I just received an email that it is live.
6 months ago I began a much unanticipated journey towards emotionally healthy spirituality. I connected with Pete Scazzero who was in need of some digital communication support for his ministry Emotionally Healthy Spirituality in New York. I was excited about the opportunity to serve this ministry that was on the verge of great break through, but little did I know that the ministry would transform me far more that I would transform it.
While getting started I naturally began poking around the website and reading Pete's book, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality. Conviction began to set in as I began to notice that much of Pete's story was similar to mine. You see, I work hard for the sake of the gospel, but I too often use that as an excuse to justify my workaholism. My unhealthiness didn't stop in my work habits and life balance, it also was a part of my inter-personal relationships and my desire to keep peace rather than address issues. Honestly, my list of issues could go on, but the book is not about habits that we need to break as much as it is about practices we need to embrace.
Pete told me when I got started that this is more radical than I know, and now 6 months later I see it clearly. I'm honored to be a part of this transformational ministry and hope you will join me in this journey of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality!
Curious where to start? Here's my recommendation:
- Take the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Personal Assessment - http://www.emotionallyhealthy.org/personalassessment/
- Experience Session 1 of the EHS Course - http://www.emotionallyhealthy.org/ehs-course-session-1/
- Read the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book - http://www.emotionallyhealthy.org/product/emotionally-healthy-spirituality-new/
- Begin to develop the practice of the Daily Office - http://www.emotionallyhealthy.org/product/emotionally-healthy-spirituality-day-by-day/
If you are a church or ministry leader I cannot encourage you enough to integrate the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course into the life of your church. To find out more about this course click here.
I must confess that I’m cheap. I like free and discounted things and I’m often looking for a good deal. I have found through my stinginess that little value in these discounted items and the most valuable things almost always come at a significant cost. Churches are often the worst at looking for the discount or freebie as we are functioning on ministry budgets. I get it! I do it. I regret it.
I’ve learned more recently about church resources such as curriculum and technology resources. Our churches rely heavily on these resources and if we’re honest they save us a ton of time and money. Imagine if you had to create your entire curriculum in house or manage your church database and finances on Excel. These are valuable resources that we need to expand with more curriculums to be created and new technologies to be developed.
I understand being a good steward and before trying to negotiate a better price, consider how much time or money you are saving by using the resource in comparison to not using it. In my experience I have yet to find anyone getting rich creating resources for the Church. Even if someone does I will praise God for him or her as I’m guessing they’ve created a pretty incredible resource for the Church.
Here’s the reality to church resources: they need our resources so that they can create more and better resources. It’s really pretty simple.
Here’s what I want to encourage you to do: next time you are signing up for a new account or purchasing a set of curriculum instead of negotiating a lower price simply thank them for creating the resource and ask them how you can help them get better. When they get better, WE get better! That’s far more valuable than saving $50/month.
I can't be more excited about rightNow Media and how much it is going to enhance our ministry at Community Bible Church. One of the lesser known resources of the package is the Leadership Events Library. I'm a learner and love attending conferences, but am not able to do so for 2 primary reasons: time and money. It's challenging to take the time away and justify the cost of the event and travel. With rightnow Media's Leadership Events Library you and your entire team can now experience conferences like Catalyst, Echo, Verge, and so many more without leaving your church or even your home. Take a look at this video:
What do you think about this resource? Do you think you and your team would take advantage of this tool?
I'm thinking about having a video of the week for my team to watch and discuss at our weekly team meeting. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas! I'm pretty excited!
For about a year I have been monitoring rightnow Media's Bible Study Library resource, but didn't feel like it was the right time to jump in until now. To be honest, I waited too long. I should have jumped in a year ago and would have saved our church financially locking in the price from a year ago and gotten this tool in the hands of our congregation even sooner. Other than waiting too long, I have no regrets about jumping into rightnow Media's Bible Study library and can't be more excited! About a month ago we began pursuing this option pretty seriously and launched it to our congregation just this past week. Generally when I release a new technology like this I get nervous about all of the email of technical difficulties and such. My email did blow up this week, but with very few technical requests. My email box was filled with thank you messages from congregants thrilled about this new tool. Before I share more about what I love about the Bible Study Library, take a look at this video:
What an incredible tool rightnow has created for the church and at an affordable rate for EVERY church ( take a look at their pricing guide here)! Here are some of the things that I really love about this resource:
- Affordable- I don't know how much your church spends on curriculum, but this tool is not only affordable but will save us money immediately on curriculum expenses.
- Quality Content- with 2,000+ videos in this library it is packed with quality content from a variety of great publishers. We actually found that about 80% of our current dvd curriculum library that we have in our library at CBC are included in this video library.
- Best Tech- the church often is behind when it comes to technology, but this tool truly utilizes the best in technology making videos available to everyone whether they are using a smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, or connected tv device. It's awesome!
- Availability- getting curriculum in the hands of our members can be very complicated and difficult for us and for them. This tool truly makes these video resources available to our entire congregation both locally and globally at their convenience (and ours)!
- Ease of Use- almost everyone is used to Netflix and using this similar model makes it easy for just about everyone to use!
- The People- as we researched this product and fell in love with it, we found that the people behind the product are even better than the product itself. Steve Solstad and the others at rightnow are truly the best and passionate about resourcing the church!