Facebook Live is the hottest trend in social media right now. We are seeing so much engagement around this new feature and I believe that every ministry has a unique opportunity to use this feature within Facebook. There are many reasons why this is hot, but I believe it’s the authenticity that generally comes out through this function that best captures the attention of Facebook users. Here are 5 ideas that I hope might stir your ministry to begin maximizing Facebook Live:
- Ministry Moment – I believe this is the best and most effective use of the platform. Take 2-5 minutes to share a devotional thought or ministry impact story. Keeping it personal and sharing from the heart maximizes the authenticity factor that engages so well through this feature.
- Ministry Update – people want to hear from the leader about what is going on in your ministry. Taking just a few minutes to share an update in a very natural way as well as answering any questions live provides great transparency for your ministry and greater connection for those who care deeply about it.
- Behind the Scenes – go behind the scenes in your workspace, ministry center, church building, etc. sharing a perspective that those connected to your ministry might not normally get to see.
- Meet the Team – there are always volunteers and staff members of every ministry that people might never see or know the work that they are doing. Take a minute to introduce them publicly and allow those connected to the ministry get to know them in a personal way.
- Live From – act like a news reporter and go live from a ministry event, worship service, outreach activity, etc. For those who can’t be there physically this is a way for them to feel a deeper connection to the ministry that is happening all the time.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of these and go Live on Facebook right now. I would love for you to share additional ideas in the comments below.