I get this question a lot: “So, what is it exactly that you do and why the heck are you in New York?”
Well, there’s no easy answer to this question, but let me answer it directly: I’m the Innovation Pastor at Community Bible Church (oversee pretty much everything on the Internet – website, apps, Online Church, etc.) and my wife and I choose to live in New York for this season in order for our family to gain a unique life perspective.
Out of my work at Community Bible Church came my book, speaking opportunities and several consulting opportunities, which led us to launch this Nils Smith Solutions business. What has from day 1 functioned as a side business for me personally continues to blow me away by the impact we have been able to make as a team. While there are so many things I would love to celebrate when it comes to my work at CBC or experiences I would like to highlight from my family, I wanted to use this post to celebrate the impact that this business has been able to make over the past year.
Here are some of our highlights from 2015:
- Blog traffic increased by more than 500%
- Twitter following on @nilssmith grew by more than 60,000 Twitter followers
- Launched the solutions: Amplify Social Media, Searchable Church, and Online Church Support
- Created online courses through Church Technology Guide, Social Media Church University & Amplify Social Media Academy
- Added some great new consulting clients: Awesome Marriage, Rockbridge Seminary, The Leaven, Splice, and Tammie Head to name a few!
- Spoke at several conferences around the country from Los Angeles to Sacramento to Loveland, Colorado
- Hired our first Executive Assistant, Christina Dodson
- Secured our first workspace in Lower Manhattan at LMHQ
- Launched a new Squarespace site with the help of the team at My Square Creative
I’m humbled as I look at the impact that God has allowed for us to have this year. We believe that God has even greater plans for 2016 and preparing for exponentially greater impact. We appreciate your being a part of the journey and pray that we are able to serve you effectively in the future whether it’s through blog posts, online courses, strategic solutions or consulting services. We are truly humbled, honored and grateful as we celebrate 2015!