If you take a look at several of the websites that I manage, you will see that I choose Squarespace the majority of the time. Here are some of those sites:
You might notice that in many ways these sites look quite similar. The truth is, Squarespace is much harder to customize than Wordpress, but if you are looking for a simple, clean, and functional website Squarespace is a great option. My favorite part is how well all of their sites adapt to mobile platforms. I’ve noticed that 60% of the traffic on all of the sites I manage comes from mobile devices, so it’s important that I look for these sites to function effectively on mobile first and then desktop. Our nature is to do just the opposite.
Here are some of the features I have loved about Squarespace:
- All in one management - of hosting, domain and email
- Metrics mobile app - lets me constantly check the site analytics on the go
- Simple management tools - it’s so easy to update and so hard to break!
- Beautiful templates - I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a bad looking Squarespace site
- eCommerce integrations - the platform has seamless eCommerce integrations that makes selling things online so easy to manage
- Forms - Squarespace forms look and function so great on all platforms
- Affordable - a Squarespace site can be as inexpensive as $8/month which includes hosting. it’s hard to beat that price point!
Have you tried Squarespace? If so, what do you like? If not, why not? Do you see any downsides to Squarespace?